W F Howes Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
W F Howes shall comply with UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the new legislations within the GDPR. By browsing and inputting your personal data (‘information’) in to this website WF Howes Ltd t/a Wholes Storey Audiobooks, Unit 5 St George's House, Rearsby Business Park, Gaddesby Lane, Rearsby, Leicester, LE7 4YH becomes the “controller” of your information. Our telephone number is 01664 423018 and our email is email@example.com.
Why we process your information
We process your personal information to process your order and download the same, to take payment from you and provide an after sales service. We also process your information to send you marketing information about other books that may be of interest to you. You do not have to provide this information to us but if you decide not to we will not be able to provide a service to you.
How we lawfully process your information
We process your information to perform the contract between us and you. Where we send marketing to you we do so with your consent. If you gave us consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.wholestoryaudiobooks.co.uk ("our sites"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services including our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How long will you store my information for?
We will typically store your information for 7 years.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a "cookie" file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the processing and fulfilment of your orders.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, including the receipt of our newsletters and updates.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or negotiation with you. We may also contact you by email if you specifically consent to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please remove the tick from the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If W F Howes Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of W F Howes Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Under certain circumstances you have the right to access your personal information: to request correction of any inaccurate information we hold about: request erasure of your personal information or to restrict our process of it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we wish to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Data Protection Officer, W F Howes Limited, Unit 5 St George's House, Rearsby Business Park, Gaddesby Lane, Rearsby, Leicester, LE7 4YH. If you have any problem or issue which cannot be resolved by contacting us then you do have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.